Free Registered Dietitian Practice Test Questions
1. If you ever want to replace regular milk with buttermilk in a recipe, it is important that you also increase the ______.
A. Baking soda
B. All purpose flour
C. Cake flour
2. Which of the following is not considered a simple carbohydrate?
3. Which of the following is not considered a fat soluble vitamin?
4. Which of the following organizations runs the Commodity Food Distribution Program?
A. USDA's Food and Nutrition Service
B. Child Health Bureau
C. Health Resources and Services Administration
5. Which of the following is not a contraindication for Enteral Nutrition?
A. Complete bowel obstruction or severe bowel ileus
B. Intractable vomiting or major UGI hemorrhage
C. Complete inability to absorb nutrients through the GI tract
D. Inadequate oral intake
6. Which of the following is not a symptom of a person with anorexia?
A. Mild anemia
B. Swollen joints
C. Moist Skin
D. Reduced muscle mass
7. Which of the following organizations runs the Healthy People 2010 Program?
A. Child Health Bureau
C. Department of Health and Human Services
8. Fat in the intestine triggers the release of _____, which then signals the gallbladder to send bile.
A. Cholecystokin (CCK)
B. Citric acid
C. Glucose 6 phosphate
9. ______ is when the kidneys produce too much hydrogen or retain to much hydrogen which leads to an increase in carbonic acid production. Or the kidneys may excrete to much base.
A. Metabolic acidosis
B. Metabolic alkalosis
C. Respiratory alkalosis
D. Respiratory acidosis
10. Which of the following microorganisms is anaerobic, symptoms occur after 8-18 hours including nausea, vomitting, abmonial pain and diarrhea? It is also called the cafeteria bug.
A. Clostridium botulinum
B. Bacillus cerus
C. Staphylococcus aureus
D. Clostridium perfringens
by Enoch Morrison
Last Updated: 04/18/2018