Physiology Practice Questions
1. Which of the following hormones causes increased atrial pressure and decreases sodium reabsorption in the kidneys?
A. Atrial natriuretic peptide
2. Angiotensin I is changed by which of the following into Angiotensin II?
3. Which of the following during an electrocardiogram is associated with hypokalemia?
A. QRS complex
B. U wave
C. PR segment
D. ST segment
4. An S3 heart sound is often associated with?
C. Atrial fib.
D. Ventricular fib.
5. Mean arterial pressure is the product of:
A. TPR x SV
B. TPR x CO
6. An ejection fraction can be calculated as:
7. PAH is secreted in which of the following locations?
A. Distal tubule
B. Loop of Henle
C. Collecting tubule
D. Proximal tubule
8. Which of the following is not an anterior pituitary gland secretion?
9. Thyroid Hormone T3 does not have which of the following functions?
A. Stimulate bone development and growth
B. Create beta-adrenergic responses
C. Cause brain development
D. Decrease calcium re-absorption
10. Which of the following does not require the pre-cursor progesterone?
11. Which of the following is the source cell for the secretion Pepsinogen?
A. Chief cell
B. Plasma cell
C. G cell
D. Parietal cell
12. Which of the following is the primary activator of zymogen secretion?
13. Which of the following is not a function of Angiotensin II?
A. Causes release of aldosterone
B. Causes vasodilation
C. Causes increased posterior pituitary activation
D. Elevates blood pressure
14. Which of the following is not a function of Progesterone?
A. Causes increased body temperature.
B. Causes some smooth muscle relaxation.
C. Causes increased spiral artery growth
D. Causes activation of FSH
15. Which of the following is not a function of Estrogen?
A. Causes breast growth.
B. Causes inhibition of FSH
C. Increased follicle development
D. Decreased overall transport proteins
by Enoch Morrison
Last Updated: 07/05/2018