General Science Practice Questions
1. Which of the following is considered a component of lipids?
A. Plasma cells
B. Fatty acids
C. Nucleic acids
2. Down's syndrome affects chromosome ____.
3. Blood enters the lungs from which chamber of the heart?
A. Right atrium
B. Left atrium
C. Right ventricle
D. Left ventricle
4. Excessive consumption of alcohol is most likely to damage which organ of the body over a long period of time?
5. Which of the following is not considered a type of radiation ray?
6. A molecule of hemoglobin can hold how many molecules of oxygen in the blood for transport?
7. Which of the following best describes the biomechanics of breathing?
A. Pump handle motion
B. Lever action
8. Animals that eat meat almost exclusively are known as:
D. Prolific organisms
9. The physical expressions of a gene are known as an organism's:
10. A ball is traveling at a constant velocity of 50 m/s and has been traveling for over 2 minutes. What is the ball's acceleration?
B. 25 m/s
C. 25 m/s
D. 50 m/s2
11. Neurons connect together at a ______.
B. Terminal site
C. Docking station
12. Which of the following is another word for the kneecap in the human body?
C. Popliteal bursa
13. Which of the following describes the shoulder joint
A. Ball and socket joint
B. Saddle joint
C. Hinge joint
D. Pivot joint
14. The organ of Corti is found in what area of the body?
15. The condition of rickets is associated with a deficiency in which vitamin?
16. A steroid is considered a ______.
D. Weak acid
17. The X cranial nerve is the ____ nerve.
18. Which of the following pH ranges is a strong base?
19. Which chamber of the heart pumps blood to the systemic circulation?
A. Left Atrium
B. Right Atrium
C. Left Ventricle
D. Right Ventricle
20. Which of the following formulas indicates Newton's second law of motion?
A. F = ma
B. F = mva
C. v = d/t
D. p = mv
by Enoch Morrison
Last Updated: 03/25/2015