The Safety Fundamentals exam is one of the components of the Certified Safety Professional certification examination program, which was developed by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals. Individuals hoping to obtain the Certified Safety Professional credential have to pass the Safety Fundamentals exam and the Comprehensive Practice exam.
Prepare with our Safety Fundamental Exam Study Guide and Practice Questions. Print or eBook. Guaranteed to raise your score. Get started today!
Both tests consist of 200 multiple-choice questions, each of which will have four possible answers
Some answers may be partially correct, but there will be only one desired correct answer per question.
Between 10% and 15% of the exam is made up of pretest questions, which do not count towards your final score.
These pretest questions are used to develop future versions of the exam.
The Safety Fundamentals exam covers the following subject areas:
- recognizing safety, health, and environmental hazards (35.4% of the exam)
- measuring, evaluating, and controlling safety, health, and environmental hazards (30.9%)
- safety, health, and environmental training and management (20.6)
- business principle, practices, and metrics in safety, health, and environmental practice (13.1%)
Safety Fundamental Exam Flashcards. Proven flashcards raise test scores on the Safety Fundamental exam. Guaranteed.
The Comprehensive Practice exam covers the following subject areas:
- collecting safety, health, environmental, and security risk information (28.6% of the exam)
- assessing safety, health, environmental, and security risk (36.6%)
- managing safety, health, environmental, and security risk (34.8%)
Your score on the Safety Fundamentals exam and the Comprehensive Practice exam is based on the number of questions answered correctly. There is no distinction between unanswered questions and questions answered incorrectly. For this reason, you should make your best guess when you are uncertain about the answer to a question.