CFRN Practice Test Review
Here are the recommended free CFRN practice test questions that you should study in using our system:
1.TRUE OR FALSE. Cardioversion is an emergency procedure performed on individuals in cardiac arrest, and defibrillation is generally performed on patients who are not having a heart attack.
2.Which of the following sequences correctly indicates the order in which auscultation of the heart should occur?
a) aortic valve, mitral valve, pulmonic valve, tricuspid valve
b) aortic valve, pulmonic valve, tricuspid valve, mitral valve
c) tricuspid valve, pulmonic valve, mitral valve, aortic valve
d) pulmonic valve, tricuspid valve, mitral valve, aortic valve
e) None of the above sequences are correct.
3. When some of the electrical impulses from the atria fail to reach the ventricles, resulting in dropped heart beats, this condition is called:
a) cardiac arrest
b) first-degree heart block
c) second-degree heart block
d) third-degree heart block
4. TRUE OR FALSE. Late decelerations in a fetal heart rate (FHR) indicate that the baby is not receiving a sufficient amount of oxygen.
5. Which of the following tests can assess the functioning of cranial nerve III?
a) Shine a light in the patient's eye, and observe whether his/her pupil promptly constricts when it encounters the light.
b) Hold a certain number of fingers in front of the patient, and ask him/her to identify the number of fingers.
c) Ask the patient to follow another person's finger as it moves using only his/her eyes and not moving his/her head.
d) Make a noise, such as a finger snap, near the patient's ear, and monitor whether he/she responds.
e) All of the above tests can assess the functioning of cranial nerve III.
6. Using the rule of nines, what percentage of a patient's total body surface area is affected if he/she is burned on one arm, the chest and abdomen, the neck, and the head?
7. Match the following peripheral pulses with their correct location:
|1) brachial||a) on top of the foot|
|2) carotid||b) in front of the ear on the temple|
|3) dorsalis pedis||c) in the crease of the groin between the pubic bone and the anterior iliac crest|
|4) femoral||d) in the back of the ankle|
|5) popliteal||e) in the cavity behind the knee|
|6) posterior tibial||f) below the elbow on the inside of the arm|
|7) radial||g) directly under the thumb on the underside of the wrist|
|8) temporal||h) in the neck at one of the two carotid arteries|
8. Which of the following is a contraindication for rapid sequence intubation (RSI)?
b) status epilepticus
d) drug overdose
e) head injury
9. TRUE OR FALSE.The most effective means of minimizing heat loss and facilitating survival in open water is to tread water.
10. Which of the following statements comprises a component of the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)?
a) Any patient who arrives at an emergency department and requests an examination to determine the presence or absence of an emergency medical condition shall be provided such an examination.
b) If a patient must be transferred, the transfer facility must have the space and personnel necessary to care for the patient.
c) In the case of a patient transfer, the referring facility must provide all necessary documentation to the transfer facility.
d) In the case of a patient transfer, qualified personnel, necessary medical equipment, and the most appropriate transport mode must be available.
e) All of the above statements comprise components of the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act(EMTALA).
7. 1f - 2h - 3a - 4c - 5e - 6d - 7g - 8b
Last Updated: 02/23/2017