Free CSCP Practice Test
1. In the Total Quality Management (TQM) system, what are the three elements of the Building Bricks group?
a. integrity, recognition, and communication
b. training, teamwork, and leadership
c. communication, teamwork, and leadership
d. ethics, trust, and training
2. Which of the following is a qualitative method of forecasting?
a. log linear model
b. Delphi method
c. trend line model
d. exponential smoothing
3. Which method of simulation entails running a model many times with an array of variables?
a. conceptual method
b. monte carlo method
c. mathematical method
d. linear programming method
4. Identify one difference between catalytic performance measurement and balanced scorecard performance measurement.
a. Catalytic performance measurement systems do not need to be described to employees.
b. Balanced scorecard measurement systems emphasize financial objectives.
c. Catalytic performance measurement systems recommend solutions.
d. Balanced performance measurement systems are typically controlled by low-level employees.
5. Which style of relations is exemplified by the correlation of price and resulting profit?
a. continuous relations
b. linear relations
c. monotonic relations
d. single-valued relations
Answers & Explanations
1. B: In the Total Quality Management (TQM) system, the three elements of the Building Bricks group are training, teamwork, and leadership. The eight elements of Total Quality Management are divided into four groups, according to function. In the Foundation group, there are ethics, integrity, and trust. Communication is the only element in the Binding Mortar group, and recognition is the only element in the Roof group. Learning techniques for promoting the eight elements of Total Quality Management is a fundamental part of TQM training.
2. B: The Delphi method is a qualitative method of forecasting. In this procedure, a group of anonymous experts answers a set of questions about a product or process, and their responses are organized and evaluated. The log linear model, the trend line model, and the exponential smoothing technique are all quantitative methods of forecasting.
3. B: The Monte Carlo method of simulation entails running a model many times with an array of variables. Part of the intention of the Monte Carlo method is to determine how much chance influences the outcomes of the simulation. The Monte Carlo method is effective when a business wants to identify potential problem areas ahead of time. However, the simulation should only include values within the possible range, so that predictions will be useful.
4. C: One difference between a catalytic performance measurement system and a balanced scorecard performance measurement system is that catalytic performance measurement systems recommend solutions. Catalytic performance measurement systems require the identification of a necessary change, the identification of an appropriate goal, and the identification of an appropriate way to measure progress. The balanced scorecard approach, on the other hand, is focused on identifying problems as they currently exist. A balanced scorecard includes four areas: financial objectives; internal business processes; customer outcomes; and continuous growth. For a catalytic performance measurement system to be successful, all employees must be aware of it. The balanced scorecard, on the other hand, does not need to be brought to the attention of all employees, and is typically reviewed by executives only.
5. A: Continuous relations are exemplified by the correlation of price and resulting profit. In business statistics, relations are the ways that input and output values interact on a graph. Continuous relations are characterized by a gradual increase or decrease in output. In linear relations, the interaction between inputs and outputs is expressed by a straight line. In monotonic relations, the only constant is that increasing input will not reduce output. Finally, in single-valued relations, the only certainty is that the same sort of input will produce the same sort of output.
Last Updated: 07/05/2018