Free DMV Practice Test
1. Which of the following is not required when getting started with the Driving Exam monitored by the instructor?
A: Adjust the seat
B: Make sure the car is in the park or neutral gear
C: Check the oil level under the hood
D: Fasten seat belt
E: Adjust the inside and outside mirrors for proper vision
2. Which of the following child weights is correct to require a Rear Facing Car Seat?
A: 20 lbs. to 2 yrs.
B: 40 lbs. to 3 yrs.
C: Birth to 15 lbs.
D: Birth to 20 lbs.
E: 3-4 yrs. old
3. Vehicle Condition relates to the following except:
A: Brake lights status
B: Tail lights status
C: Steering involving less than 3 inches of play in the wheel is safe
D: Tires with less than 1/16 tread are probably unsafe
E: All of the above are correct
4. All of the following comments related to Driver Safety are true except:
A: Drowsiness is the second step in falling asleep at the wheel
B: Drive looking 10-15 seconds ahead
C: Take in the whole scene
D: There are 2 blind spots to the left and right (back sides) of your car
E: Partial hydroplaning starts at 35 mph in wet conditions on the road
5. If passing a parked car watch for which of the following?
A: Smoke from the tailpipe
B: Red Brake lights on
C: White Backing Lights on
D: Only A & B
E: A, B, & C
6. Stopping Distance depends on all of the following except:
A: Your reaction time
B: Condition of the brakes
C: Condition/type of tires
D: Wind resistance
E: Road conditions
7. If you were traveling at 55 mph how far would an average car travel using the Stopping Distance eye to brain to foot to wheel to road guide in total distance?
A: 131 feet
B: 175 feet
C: 200 feet
D: 228 feet
E: 453 feet
8. If you were traveling at 35 mph how far would an average car travel using the Stopping Distance eye to brain to foot to wheel to road guide in total distance?
A: 52 feet
B: 76 feet
C: 106 feet
D: 129 feet
E: 270 feet
9. When turning around on a narrow street you should use the ___ principle?
A: three point
C: four point
D: A & B
E: B & C
10. If parking on a hill facing uphill you should do the following except:
A: Turn the wheels away from the curb
B: Turn the wheels toward the curb
C: Shift into low gear
D: Shift into park
E: Set the emergency brake
Other Driving Practice Tests
- Class D License Practice Test
- Practice Test for the Signs, Traffic Lights and Pavement Markings
- Age Requirements
- Basic Driving
- Documents Required
- Warning Equipment
- Sobriety Test
State Driving Test Directory
Last Updated: 03/01/2017