Are you a health-conscious person who enjoys an active life? The GACE Health and Physical Education Assessment might just be your next career step!
The GACE Health and Physical Education Assessment is a test designed for individuals desiring to teach health and physical education in the state of Georgia. The test is computer-based in format and assesses the skills necessary for teaching all-levels health and Physical Education, from primary through secondary grade levels. The assessment consists of 2 different tests, which may be taken individually or together.
Prepare with our GACE Health and Physical Education Study Guide and Practice Questions. Print or eBook. Guaranteed to raise your score. Get started today!
2.5 hours are given to complete both Test I and Test II, with 30 minutes built in to each test for computer tutorials. Both tests assess not only basic knowledge needed to teach health and Physical Education, but also the application of this knowledge in a primary and/or secondary classroom.
Each test is made up of 85 selected-response questions, such as matching, multiple choice and/or true-false questions. Most tests also include some selected-response questions, which are not included in the actual test scoring, but are used to determine test-taker performance.
Test I is divided into 3 subparts:
- Mental and Emotional Health/Professional Issues, which is worth 25% of the total score
- Personal Health and Wellness, Sexual Health and Nutrition, which is worth 40% of the total score
- Safety and Injury Prevention, and Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs, which is worth 35% of the total score
GACE Health and Physical Education Flashcards. Proven GACE test flashcards raise your score on the GACE Health and Physical Education test. Guaranteed.
Test II is divided into 4 subareas:
- Basic Sciences of Physical Education, which is worth 20% of the total score
- Motor Learning and Motor Development, which is worth 15% of the total test score
- Sports, Activities and Fitness, which is worth 30% of the total test score
- Instructional Principles and Professionalism in Physical Education, which is worth 35% of the total score
Testing windows are offered all through the year, with test results available approximately 2 weeks after specific test dates.
Do you need help preparing for the health and physical education assessment? Several study aids are available to help you prepare for this assessment in different formats. Some of these include tests at a glance (which give a quick overview of the assessment), interactive practice tests, tutorials, videos and even webinars and other test-taking tips and strategies.
Click Here for GACE Practice Exam
by Mometrix Test Preparation | Last Updated: June 10, 2019