Is music important to you? Do you want to share that passion and love with the youth of today? The GACE Music Assessment could open those doors for you!
Prepare with our GACE Music Study Guide and Practice Questions. Print or eBook. Guaranteed to raise your score. Get started today!
The GACE Music Assessment is a test designed for individuals who want to teach music in the state of Georgia.
Upon passing this test, individuals will be qualified to teach all-levels music, P-12th grade in Georgia. The assessment consists of 2 different tests, which may be taken individually or together on the same day.
Both of the GACE Music Assessment tests are computer-based in format with two hours given to complete each test.
An extra 30 minutes is added to the testing time for computer testing tutorials. Each test is made up of 80 selected-response questions, such as matching, multiple choice and/or true-false questions.
The questions on both tests assess basic music skills and knowledge, as well as application of this knowledge in a classroom setting. Most tests also include extra selected-response questions, which are not included in the actual test scoring, but are used to determine test-taker performance.
GACE Music Flashcards. Proven GACE Music test flashcards raise your score on the GACE Music test. Guaranteed.
Test I is divided into 4 subparts:
- Aural Skills and Analysis, which is worth 30% of the total score
- Composition and Improvisation, which is worth 20% of the total score
- History and Repertory, which is worth 20% of the total score
- Performance Competencies for Music Educators, which is worth 30% of the total score
Test II is also divided into 3 subareas:
- Technology, which is worth 20% of the total score
- Teaching Competencies for Music Educators, which is worth 60% of the total test score
- Professional Knowledge and Synthesis, which is worth 20% of the total test score
Testing windows for the GACE Music Assessment are offered during the months of August, October, February, April, May and June. Test results are available approximately 2 weeks after specific test dates.
Do you need help preparing for the GACE Music Assessment? No problem! There are several types of study materials available to use, such as interactive practice tests, tests at a glance (which give a quick overview of the tests), tutorials, videos, webinars and other strategies and tips.
Help others develop a love and passion for music and change a life forever! Take the GACE Music Assessment!