Each of the fifty states requires life and health insurance professionals to attain licensure by passing the Life and Health Insurance examination.
There are eighteen content areas covered by the exam:
Prepare with our Life and Health Study Guide and Practice Questions. Print or eBook. Guaranteed to raise your score. Get started today!
- insurance regulation (5%)
- general insurance (5%)
- life insurance basics (7%)
- life insurance policies (7%)
- life insurance policy provisions, options, and riders (8%)
- annuities (6%)
- federal tax considerations for life insurance and annuities (5%)
- qualified plans (4%)
- health insurance basics (5%)
- individual health insurance policy general provisions (4%)
- disability income and related insurance (3%)
- medical plans (8%)
- health maintenance organizations (3%)
- group health insurance (7%)
- dental insurance (2%)
- insurance for senior citizens and special needs individuals (8%)
- federal tax considerations for health insurance (3%)
- additional considerations for life and health insurance counselors (10%)
Intro to the Life and Health Exam
Life and Health Flashcards. Proven Life and Health test flashcards raise your score on the Life and Health test. Guaranteed.
The questions on the Life and Health Insurance exam will be in three different multiple-choice formats: direct question, incomplete sentence, and “all of the following except.” Each question will have four possible answers from which the candidate must choose.
The examination has 150 questions, and must be completed in two and a half hours. Examinations are completed on a personal computer, and the results are immediately given to the candidate upon completion of the test.
The score report will include the percentage of questions answered correctly, the overall score, and the decision as to whether the candidate has passed or failed the exam (in order to pass, candidates must answer 70% of the questions correctly).
The candidate will also receive a summary of his or her performance in each of the sections of the examination. The Life and Health Insurance examination is administered by Thomson Prometric; those who wish to take this exam should register for test date and location at the Prometric website.