Skip to content
1. When the chromosomes line up in mitosis this is known as which phase?
2. Which cellular organelle contains enzymes that are considered digestive?
- Golgi Apparatus
3. Organs repair themselves through a process of?
- Cellular differentiation
4. Which of the following is considered a model for enzyme action?
- Lock and Key model
- Enzyme interaction model
- Transformation model
- Transcription model
5. Which of the following statements about enzymes is not true?
- Enzymes are catalysts.
- Almost all enzymes are proteins.
- Enzymes operate most efficiently at optimum pH.
- Enzymes are destroyed during chemical reactions.
6. Which of the following statements about prostaglandins is not true?
- Prostaglandins promote inflammation.
- Prostaglandins can only constrict blood vessels.
- Prostaglandins are made in the renal medulla.
- Prostaglandins can lead to pain and fever.
7. Cholesterol that is known as (LDL) stands for:
- Low-density lipoproteins
- Low-density lysosomes
- Level-density lipoproteins
- Level-density lysosomes
8. Hardening of the arteries is known as:
- Venous narrowing
9. Breathing properly requires the presence of what compound that affects surface tension of alveoli in the lungs?
- Sodium Chloride
10. Which of the following is not considered a function of the kidneys?
11. The functional unit of the kidney is known as?
12. What anatomical structure connects the stomach and the mouth?
- Spinal column
- Hepatic duct