Biology Practice Questions
1. Which of the following is considered a component of lipids?
A. Plasma cells
B. Fatty acids
C. Nucleic acids
2. Blood enters the lungs from which chamber of the heart?
A. Right atrium
B. Left atrium
C. Right ventricle
D. Left ventricle
3. Excessive consumption of alcohol is most likely to damage which organ of the body over a long period of time?
4. A molecule of hemoglobin can hold how many molecules of oxygen in the blood for transport?
5. Which of the following best describes the biomechanics of breathing?
A. Pump handle motion
B. Lever action
6. Animals that eat meat almost exclusively are known as:
D. Prolific organisms
7. The physical expressions of a gene are known as an organism's:
8. Neurons connect together at a ______.
B. Terminal site
C. Docking station
9. Which of the following is another word for the kneecap in the human body?
C. Popliteal bursa
10. Which of the following describes the shoulder joint
A. Ball and socket joint
B. Saddle joint
C. Hinge joint
D. Pivot joint
11. The organ of Corti is found in what area of the body?
12. The condition of rickets is associated with a deficiency in which vitamin?
13. A steroid is considered a ______.
D. Weak acid
14. The X cranial nerve is the ____ nerve.
15. Which chamber of the heart pumps blood to the systemic circulation?
A. Left Atrium
B. Right Atrium
C. Left Ventricle
D. Right Ventricle
by Enoch Morrison
Last Updated: 07/05/2018