1. Which of the following is considered a component of lipids?
- Plasma cells
- Fatty acids
- Nucleic acids
2. Blood enters the lungs from which chamber of the heart?
- Right atrium
- Left atrium
- Right ventricle
- Left ventricle
3. Excessive consumption of alcohol is most likely to damage which organ of the body over a long period of time?
4. A molecule of hemoglobin can hold how many molecules of oxygen in the blood for transport?
5. Which of the following best describes the biomechanics of breathing?
- Pump handle motion
- Lever action
6. Animals that eat meat almost exclusively are known as:
- Prolific organisms
7. The physical expressions of a gene are known as an organism’s:
8. Neurons connect together at a ______.
- Terminal site
- Docking station
9. Which of the following is another word for the kneecap in the human body?
- Popliteal bursa
10. Which of the following describes the shoulder joint
- Ball and socket joint
- Saddle joint
- Hinge joint
- Pivot joint
11. The organ of Corti is found in what area of the body?
12. The condition of rickets is associated with a deficiency in which vitamin?
13. A steroid is considered a ______.
- Weak acid
14. The X cranial nerve is the ____ nerve.
15. Which chamber of the heart pumps blood to the systemic circulation?
- Left Atrium
- Right Atrium
- Left Ventricle
- Right Ventricle
by Mometrix Test Preparation | Last Updated: October 29, 2018