1. Which of the following identifies the layer of connective tissue enveloping a single muscle fiber?
2. Which of the following is the first phase of Periodization training?
- Power phase
- Hypertrophy phase
- Strength phase
- Plan phase
3. Which of the following lever classes has the fulcrum at one end and the effort is applied between the fulcrum and the load?
- Class I Lever
- Class II Lever
- Class III Lever
- Class IV Lever
4. The A-band is comprised of __ myosin filaments.
5. In a myofibril, in cross section ___ actins can interact with each myosin.
6. Which of the following is an example of a penniform muscle?
- Transversus Abdominis
- Abductor Longus
- Peroneus Tertius
7. Which of the following is an example of a hinge joint?
- Atlas and Axis
8. Which of the following is the correct formula for calculating target heart rate?
- Target heart-rate = % intensity X heart-rate reserve + resting heart-rate
- Target heart-rate = % intensity X heart-rate reserve – base heart rate + resting heart-rate
- Target heart-rate = % intensity X heart-rate + resting heart-rate
- Target heart-rate = % intensity X heart-rate – resting heart-rate
9. Which of the following is not a fitness misconception?
- Excessive sweating means that you are out of shape.
- Drinking water during exercise gives an individual cramps.
- If an individual stops exercising, muscle will turn to fat.
- Working out requires extra energy.
10. Which of the following is not a characteristic of using growth hormone?
- Induces precursor cells to differentiate
- Causes secretion of insulin-like growth factor I
- Directly stimulates ATP production
- Stimulates protein synthesis
11. How many amino acids must be found in your diet and cannot be manufactured by your own body?
12. Which of the following is not a byproduct of protein breakdown?
- Uric acid
13. Which of the following is not a byproduct of overtraining?
- Imbalance between exercise and recovery
- Training exceeds physiological and psychological capacity of individual
- Can have negative effect on strength training
- Always results in injury or illness
14. Which of the following is not true about isometric exercise?
- Capable of increasing muscle strength at specific joint angles
- No corresponding increase at other joint angles
- Always produce spikes in systolic blood pressure
- Could cause life-threatening cardiovascular accident
by Enoch Morrison | Last Updated: November 1, 2018