Elements Practice Quiz
1. Which element is found in potassium chlorate and zinc nitrate?
2. Atoms of which element have the weakest attraction for electrons?
3. Which element is classified as a metalloid?
4. Which metal is most likely obtained by the electrolysis of its fused salt?
5. Because of its high reactivity, which element is never found free in nature?
6. Iron corrodes more easily than aluminum and zinc because aluminum and zinc both
A. Are reduced
B. Are oxidizing agents
C. Form oxides that are self-protective
D. Form oxides that are very reactive
7. Which substance is produced by the Haber process?
C. Nitric acid
D. Sulfuric acid
8. What is the total number of moles of hydrogen atoms contained in one mole of (NH4)2C2O2?
9. The observed regularities in the properties of elements are periodic functions of their
A. Atomic numbers
B. Mass numbers
C. Oxidation states
D. Nonvalence electrons
10. Which physical characteristic of a solution may indicate the presence of a transition element?
A. Its density
B. Its color
C. Its effect on litmus
D. Its effect on phenolphthalein
11. Which element has a crystalline lattice composed of positive ions through which electrons flow freely?
12. Red litmus paper will turn blue when placed in an aqueous solution of
13. Equilibrium is attained in a chemical cell when cell voltage is equal to
A. +1.00 V
B. +2.00 V
C. 0.00 V
D. -1.00 V
by Enoch Morrison
Last Updated: 03/01/2017