1. Which of the following is the standard respiration rate for adults?
- 10-20 breaths/min.
- 12-20 breaths/min.
- 8-15 breaths/min.
- 12-18 breaths/min.
2. Pulse pressure (pp) is considered the _____.
- Difference between the systolic and diastolic pressure
- The sum of the systolic and diastolic pressure
- The inverse of the blood pressure
- Half of the systolic pressure
3. If you are trying to stop the bleed from a knife wound. Which of the following is the best technique?
- Indirect pressure
- Direct pressure
- Longitudinal pressure
4. Cardiac output is the product of ____ and ____.
- HR and Disastolic pressure
- HR and Stroke Volume
- HR and EF
- Diastolic and Systolic pressure
5. The (lub) sound is detected when:
- The atrio-ventricular valves are opening
- The atrio-ventricular valves are closing
- The pulmonary valves are opening
- The pulmonary valves are closing
6. The maximum suction time for an infant is ___ sec.
7. Which of the following is the antidote for the toxin Lead?
8. Which of the following is caused by insulin release?
- Increased breakdown of fats
- Increase breakdown of proteins
- Decreased blood sugar
- Causes glucose to be phosphorylated in kidney
9. Which of the following are not treated with Nifedipine?
- Fluid retention
10. A drug ending in the suffix (pril) is considered a ______.
- ACE inhibitor
- Beta agonist
11. Radio communication should not involve which of the following?
- Clear voice projection
- Patient’s name/address
- <25-30 sec. Transmission time
- Clear signal
12. Which of the following is not directly related to a drug toxicity of Nitroglycerin?
- Projectile vomiting
13. Mean arterial pressure is the product of:
- TPR x SV
- TPR x CO
14. A mother reports her child has taken numerous pills found in the medicine cabinet. Which of the following would be the accurate dose of activated charcoal for a pediatric patient?
- 24 – 48 grams
- 12.5 – 25 grams
- 10 – 30 grams
- 15.5 – 45 grams
15. Blood flowing into the cardiac veins enters the _______ next.
- Coronary Sinus
- Left Ventricle
- Right Ventricle
- Left Atrium
Additional Practice Questions
by Enoch Morrison | Last Updated: January 3, 2019