Free EMT Paramedic Practice Test Questions
1. Which of the following is the standard respiration rate for adults?
A. 10-20 breaths/min.
B. 12-20 breaths/min.
C. 8-15 breaths/min.
D. 12-18 breaths/min.
2. Pulse pressure (pp) is considered the _____.
A. Difference between the systolic and diastolic pressure
B. The sum of the systolic and diastolic pressure
C. The inverse of the blood pressure
D. Half of the systolic pressure
3. If you are trying to stop the bleed from a knife wound. Which of the following is the best technique?
A. Indirect pressure
B. Direct pressure
D. Longitudinal pressure
4. Cardiac output is the product of ____ and ____.
A. HR and Disastolic pressure
B. HR and Stroke Volume
C. HR and EF
D. Diastolic and Systolic pressure
5. The (lub) sound is detected when:
A. The atrio-ventricular valves are opening
B. The atrio-ventricular valves are closing
C. The pulmonary valves are opening
D. The pulmonary valves are closing
6. The maximum suction time for an infant is ___ sec.
7. Which of the following is the antidote for the toxin Lead?
8. Which of the following is caused by insulin release?
A. Increased breakdown of fats
B. Increase breakdown of proteins
C. Decreased blood sugar
D. Causes glucose to be phosphorylated in kidney
9. Which of the following are not treated with Nifedipine?
D. Fluid retention
10. A drug ending in the suffix (pril) is considered a ______.
B. ACE inhibitor
D. Beta agonist
11. Radio communication should not involve which of the following?
A. Clear voice projection
B. Patient's name/address
C. <25-30 sec. Transmission time
D. Clear signal
12. Which of the following is not directly related to a drug toxicity of Nitroglycerin?
D. Projectile vomiting
13. Mean arterial pressure is the product of:
A. TPR x SV
B. TPR x CO
14. A mother reports her child has taken numerous pills found in the medicine cabinet. Which of the following would be the accurate dose of activated charcoal for a pediatric patient?
A. 24 - 48 grams
B. 12.5 - 25 grams
C. 10 - 30 grams
D. 15.5 - 45 grams
15. Blood flowing into the cardiac veins enters the _______ next.
A. Coronary Sinus
B. Left Ventricle
C. Right Ventricle
D. Left Atrium
by Enoch Morrison
Last Updated: 04/18/2018