1. Which of the following is the correct expression for the natural gas law?
- PT = nVR
- VR = nPT
- PV = nRT
- RT = nPV
2. What is the boiling point of water at standard pressure on the Kelvin Scale?
- 272 K
- 273 K
- 372 K
- 373 K
3. Which statement is consistent with the kinetic theory of ideal gases?
- Molecules transfer energy through collisions.
- Molecules are always stationary.
- The force of attraction between molecules is constant.
- The size of the molecules is large compared to the distance that separates them.
4. Gas molecules at the same temperature are always assumed to have the same
- Uniform velocity
- Uniform acceleration
- Number of atoms
- Kinetic energy
5. As the volume of a fixed mass of an ideal gas increases at constant temperature, the product of the pressure and the volume of the gas
- Remains the same
- Cannot be predicted
6. Which property determines the direction of the exchange of internal energy between two objects?
- Specific Heat
7. A glass rod becomes positively charged when it is rubbed with silk. This net positive charge accumulates because the glass rod
- Gains electrons
- Gains protons
- Loses electrons
- Loses protons
by Mometrix Test Preparation | Last Updated: October 30, 2018