1. When the chromosomes line up in mitosis this is known as which phase?
2. Which cellular organelle contains enzymes that are considered digestive?
- Golgi Apparatus
3. Organs repair themselves through a process of?
- Cellular differentiation
4. Which of the following is considered a model for enzyme action?
- Lock and Key model
- Enzyme interaction model
- Transformation model
- Transcription model
5. Which of the following statements about enzymes is not true?
- Enzymes are catalysts.
- Almost all enzymes are proteins.
- Enzymes operate most efficiently at optimum pH.
- Enzymes are destroyed during chemical reactions.
6. Which of the following statements about prostaglandins is not true?
- Prostaglandins promote inflammation.
- Prostaglandins can only constrict blood vessels.
- Prostaglandins are made in the renal medulla.
- Prostaglandins can lead to pain and fever.
7. Cholesterol that is known as (LDL) stands for:
- Low-density lipoproteins
- Low-density lysosomes
- Level-density lipoproteins
- Level-density lysosomes
8. Hardening of the arteries is known as:
- Venous narrowing
9. The top number on a blood pressure reading indicates:
- Diastolic pressure
- Transient pressure
- Optimum pressure
- Systolic pressure
10. Litmus paper that is blue will turn/stay _____ in the presence of a strong base.
11. Breathing properly requires the presence of what compound that affects surface tension of alveoli in the lungs?
- Sodium Chloride
12. Which of the following is not considered a function of the kidneys?
13. The functional unit of the kidney is known as?
14. Which of the following formulas indicate the ideal gas law?
- PV= knT or PV=RnT
- PV = k
- KTV =PR
15. Which of the following is not considered a characteristic or property of a gas?
16. Which of the following is described in the definition: An object immersed in a fluid is buoyed up by a force equal to the weight of the fluid displaced by the object?
- Archimedes’ principle
- Charles’ law
- Boyle’s law
- Anderson’s principle
17. Liquids that evaporate quickly are known as _____ liquids.
18. High frequency sound waves are known as:
- Fundamental waves
- Consonance waves
- Dissonance waves
19. The first American to win a Nobel Prize was ______ for measuring the speed of light.
- Albert Einstein
- Albert Michelson
- Thomas Young
20. What anatomical structure connects the stomach and the mouth?
- Spinal column
- Hepatic duct