1. Which of the following is considered a component of lipids?
- Plasma cells
- Fatty acids
- Nucleic acids
2. Down’s syndrome affects chromosome ____.
3. Blood enters the lungs from which chamber of the heart?
- Right atrium
- Left atrium
- Right ventricle
- Left ventricle
4. Excessive consumption of alcohol is most likely to damage which organ of the body over a long period of time?
5. Which of the following is not considered a type of radiation ray?
6. A molecule of hemoglobin can hold how many molecules of oxygen in the blood for transport?
7. Which of the following best describes the biomechanics of breathing?
- Pump handle motion
- Lever action
8. Animals that eat meat almost exclusively are known as:
- Prolific organisms
9. The physical expressions of a gene are known as an organism’s:
10. A ball is traveling at a constant velocity of 50 m/s and has been traveling for over 2 minutes. What is the ball’s acceleration?
- 25 m/s
- 25 m/s
- 50 m/s2
11. Neurons connect together at a ______.
- Terminal site
- Docking station
12. Which of the following is another word for the kneecap in the human body?
- Popliteal bursa
13. Which of the following describes the shoulder joint
- Ball and socket joint
- Saddle joint
- Hinge joint
- Pivot joint
14. The organ of Corti is found in what area of the body?
15. The condition of rickets is associated with a deficiency in which vitamin?
16. A steroid is considered a ______.
- Weak acid
17. The X cranial nerve is the ____ nerve.
18. Which of the following pH ranges is a strong base?
19. Which chamber of the heart pumps blood to the systemic circulation?
- Left Atrium
- Right Atrium
- Left Ventricle
- Right Ventricle
20. Which of the following formulas indicates Newton’s second law of motion?
- F = ma
- F = mva
- v = d/t
- p = mv