General Science Practice Questions
1. When the chromosomes line up in mitosis this is known as which phase?
2. Which cellular organelle contains enzymes that are considered digestive?
A. Golgi Apparatus
3. Organs repair themselves through a process of?
C. Cellular differentiation
4. Which of the following is considered a model for enzyme action?
A. Lock and Key model
B. Enzyme interaction model
C. Transformation model
D. Transcription model
5. Which of the following statements about enzymes is not true?
A. Enzymes are catalysts.
B. Almost all enzymes are proteins.
C. Enzymes operate most efficiently at optimum pH.
D. Enzymes are destroyed during chemical reactions.
6. Which of the following statements about prostaglandins is not true?
A. Prostaglandins promote inflammation.
B. Prostaglandins can only constrict blood vessels.
C. Prostaglandins are made in the renal medulla.
D. Prostaglandins can lead to pain and fever.
7. Cholesterol that is known as (LDL) stands for:
A. Low-density lipoproteins
B. Low-density lysosomes
C. Level-density lipoproteins
D. Level-density lysosomes
8. Hardening of the arteries is known as:
B. Venous narrowing
9. Litmus paper that is blue will turn/stay _____ in the presence of a strong base.
10. Breathing properly requires the presence of what compound that affects surface tension of alveoli in the lungs?
D. Sodium Chloride
11. Which of the following is not considered a function of the kidneys?
12. The functional unit of the kidney is known as?
13. Which of the following formulas indicate the ideal gas law?
A. PV= knT or PV=RnT
C. PV = k
D. KTV =PR
14. Which of the following is not considered a characteristic or property of a gas?
15. Which of the following is described in the definition: An object immersed in a fluid is buoyed up by a force equal to the weight of the fluid displaced by the object?
A. Archimedes' principle
B. Charles' law
C. Boyle's law
D. Anderson's principle
16. Liquids that evaporate quickly are known as _____ liquids.
17. High frequency sound waves are known as:
A. Fundamental waves
C. Consonance waves
D. Dissonance waves
18. What anatomical structure connects the stomach and the mouth?
B. Spinal column
C. Hepatic duct
by Enoch Morrison
Last Updated: 12/14/2017