Health and Life Insurance Practice Questions
1. All of the following are reasons to buy term life insurance except:
A. Survivor protection
B. Estate creation
C. Retirement income
D. Estate conservation
2. When an insured person receives a health insurance policy he has how many days to review and ask for a return of his/her premium?
3. Short term policies have a benefit period of how long?
A. 13 weeks to 104 weeks
B. 24 weeks to 120 weeks
C. 12 weeks to 52 weeks
D. 15 weeks to 130 weeks
4. If an employee who has a group policy leaves his job, what type of health insurance is guaranteed to him?
C. The company continues to pay insurance
D. The employee buys an individual plan
5. Which of the following is part of the application?
A. Attending physician report
B. Consumer investigation
C. Medical Information Bureau
D. Agent report
6. Which of these applies to a standard risk classification?
A. Uses Mortality table
B. Fixes additional charge to premium
C. A lien is placed against the policy to reduce amount of insurance
D. Rates person on age, health, habit and occupation
7. What is a characteristics of term life insurance?
A. It is written for a specified period of time
B. Permanent protection
C. Builds cash value
D. Provides lifetime protection
8. What is a characteristic of adjustable life?
A. Renewable term
B. Adjusts the face amount of the policy
C. Flexible premium
D. Has death benefit options
9. What is a per capita beneficiary?
A. A group beneficiary
B. When a person is too young to be a beneficiary
C. When the money is divided equally among the beneficiaries
D. When the beneficiary dies the proceed goes to heirs
10. A type of short term insurance is
A. Accident policy
B. Catastrophic policy
C. Credit disability
D. Travel insurance
11. Which of following is not an exclusion under a health policy?
A. Pre-existing conditions
B. Accident injury
C. Elective surgery
D. Intentional self inflicted injury
12. What is the type of insurance which pays for workers hurt in the course and scope of duty?
C. Workers Compensation
D. Disability Social Security
by Enoch Morrison
Last Updated: 12/14/2017