Microbiology Practice Questions
1. Which of the following structures contains genes for enzymes and antibiotic resistance?
D. Plasma Membrane
2. Which of the following is the most important structure related to microbial attachment to cells?
3. Which of the following is not a gram-negative bug?
A. Clostridium perfringens
B. Vibrio cholerae
C. Escherichia coli
D. Bordetella pertussis
4. Which of the following is not true related to endotoxins?
A. Endotoxins are secreted from cells.
B. Can be linked to Meningococcemia
C. Produced by gram negative microorganisms
D. Can cause fever
5. Which of the following microorganisms stain well?
A. Escherichia coli
B. Legionella pneumophila
6. Which of the following microorganisms are not matched correctly with the appropriate isolation media?
A. Fungi - Sabourand's agar
B. Neisseria gonorrhoeae - Pink colonies media
C. Haemophilus influenzae - Chocolate agar
D. Mycobacterium tuberculosis - Lowenstein-Jensen agar
7. Which of the following diseases and bacteria are matched up incorrectly?
A. Cellulitis - Pasteurella multocida
B. Tularemia - Francisella tularensis
C. Gastritis - Heliobacter pylori
D. Lyme disease - Yersinia pestis
8. Which of the following diseases and bacteria are matched up incorrectly?
A. Treponema pallidum - Syphilis
B. Tinea nigra - Cladosporium werneckii
C. Borrelia burgdorferi - Lyme disease
D. Yersinia enterocolitica - Diptheria
9. Which of the following is not true concerning Staphylococcus aureus?
A. S. aureus is related to inflammation.
B. S. aureus can cause pneumonia
C. S. aureus can lead to acute bacterial endocarditis
D. S. aureus does not make coagulase
10. Which of the following signs and symptoms is not linked to Haemophilus influenzae?
A. Otitis media
11. The Tsetse fly is a transmission factor for which of the following organisms?
A. Trichomonas vaginalis
B. Trypanosoma gambiense
C. Entamoeba histolytica
12. The Ixodes tick is a transmission factor for which of the following organisms?
A. Trichomonas vaginalis
B. Leishmania donovani
D. Giardia lamblia
13. Chagas' disease is commonly treated with Nifurtimox and is linked to the ____ microorganism.
C. Wucheria bancrofti
D. Trypanosoma cruzi
14. Which of the following is not fungal related?
A. Cryptococcus neoformans
B. Candida albicans
C. Tinea nigra
15. Which of the following is not a DNA virus?
16. Which of the following is not a RNA virus?
17. Which of the following viruses is not a double strand linear DNA virus?
18. Which of the following viruses is not a single strand linear RNA virus?
19. The Tzanck test is not used on which of the following viruses?
20. Which of the following microorganisms has not been linked to UTI's?
A. E. coli
by Enoch Morrison
Last Updated: 07/05/2018