Nervous System Practice Questions
1. Oligodendrocytes are located in the _____.
2. Schwann cells are located in the _____.
3. Which of the following types of cells is the most common in the CNS?
D. Celiac cells
4. Which of the following is a regulatory protein in the cytoplasm that helps the processes at the synapse?
B. Protein kinase
D. Gap protein
5. The primary effect of cocaine on the nervous system is that cocaine blocks the re-uptake of ____.
D. Monoamine oxidase
6. Which of the following amino acids can function as a neurotransmitter in the CNS?
B. Glutamic acid
7. Clostridium botulinum releases this enzyme that destroys peptide bonds.
D. Protein kinase
8. Multiple sclerosis is a disease that attacks the _______ of neurons in the CNS.
A. Myelin sheaths
B. Axon terminals
C. Sodium channels
D. Nicotinic receptors
9. Which of the following is not considered a type of synapse?
10. The progression of a nerve impulse with the nodes of Ranvier is called _______.
A. Saltatory conduction
C. Unmyelinated conduction
D. Relative conduction
11. Supporting cells located within the CNS are collectively called _____.
D. Satellite cells
12. Which of the following types of cells line the ventricles and spinal cord?
B. Schwann cells
C. Ependymal cells
by Enoch Morrison
Last Updated: 03/01/2017