1. A condensation polymerization produces a polymer and
2. Which organic compound is classified as a primary alcohol?
- Ethylene glycol
3. For ethyne: C2H2 what is the total number of electrons shared between the carbon atoms?
4. Which nuclide is a radioisotope used in the study of organic reaction mechanisms?
5. Which set contains one natural polymer and one synthetic polymer?
- Cellulose and Starch
- Polyethylene and Nylon
- Protein and Starch
- Protein and Nylon
6. Aldehydes can be synthesized by the oxidation of
- Primary alcohols
- Secondary alcohols
- Organic acids
- Inorganic acids
7. Given the reaction: C2H2 + 2H2 –> C2H6
This reaction represents:
8. Which pair of names refers to the same compound?
- Ethyne and Acetylene
- Ethyne and Ethene
- Ethane and Acetylene
- Ethane and Ethene
9. A condensation polymerization reaction is best described as the
- Joining of monomers by the removal of oxygen
- Joining of monomers by the removal of water
- Oxidation of a hydrocarbon by oxygen
- Oxidation of a hydrocarbon by water
10. Which formula represents a ketone?
11. Which subatomic participle is found in all isotopes of hydrogen?
12. The bond between hydrogen and oxygen in a water molecule is classified as
- Ionic and Nonpolar
- Ionic and Polar
- Covalent and Nonpolar
- Covalent and Polar
13. What is the total number of hydrogen atoms required to form 1 molecule of C3H5(OH)3?
14. A compound that can act as an acid or a base is referred to as
- A neutral substance
- An amphoteric substance
- A monomer
- An isomer
15. Which compound is an electrolyte?
16. Which organic compound is classified as an acid?
17. The products of the fermentation of a sugar are ethanol and
- Carbon dioxide
- Sulfur dioxide
18. The reaction CH2CH2 + H2 –> CH3CH3 is an example of
19. In which pair of hydrocarbons does each compound contain only one double bond per molecule?
- C2H2 and C2H6
- C2H2 and C3H6
- C4H8 and C2H4
- C6H6 and C7H8
20. During fractional distillation, hydrocarbons are separated according to their
- Boiling points
- Melting points
- Triple points
- Saturation points
Additional Practice Questions
by Mometrix Test Preparation | Last Updated: December 21, 2018