1. If you are trying to stop the bleeding from a needle stick, which of the following is the best technique?
- Indirect pressure
- Direct pressure
- Longitudinal pressure
2. Which of the following is a test used to monitor heparin levels?
3. Which of the following is the deepest layer of the epidermis?
- Stratum spinosum
- Stratum corneum
- Stratum granulosum
- Stratum basale
4. The area of a blood smear that is tested is called the _____.
5. Which of the following matches the definition: excessive RBC production?
- Escharotic’s condition
6. Which of the following is the maximum recommended depth of a heel puncture according to the NCCLS?
- 1.0 mm
- 1.7 mm
- 2.0 mm
- 2.6 mm
7. PKU Tests are most commonly performed with ___.
- Skin puncture blood
- Arterial blood
- Bilirubin specimens
- BUN analysis
8. Which of the following terms matches the definition: winged infusion set?
- butterfly needle
9. Which of the following is identified by the acronym (CPD)?
- Cervical Positioning Device
- Citrate Phosphate Dextrose
- Citrate Potassium Dextrose
- Citrate Potassium Disinfectant
10. According to the Zone of Comfort, if you are standing 3 feet from a person you are within ____.
- Public Distance
- Social Distance
- Personal Distance
- Intimate Distance
by Enoch Morrison | Last Updated: December 4, 2018