1. Which of the following hormones causes increased atrial pressure and decreases sodium reabsorption in the kidneys?
- Atrial natriuretic peptide
2. Angiotensin I is changed by which of the following into Angiotensin II?
3. Which of the following is not a cause of peripheral edema?
- Increased capillary permeability
- Reduced levels of plasma proteins
- Heart failure
- Decreased capillary output
4. Which of the following during an electrocardiogram is associated with hypokalemia?
- QRS complex
- U wave
- PR segment
- ST segment
5. Which of the following is not generally associated with a 2nd degree (Mobitz Type 1) AV block?
- Usually asymptomatic
- Nonsequential (P wave then QRS complex)
- Increased PR segment/interval
- 70% Fatal
6. An S3 heart sound is often associated with?
- Atrial fib.
- Ventricular fib.
7. Mean arterial pressure is the product of:
- TPR x SV
- TPR x CO
8. During phase 3 of the myocardial action potential which ion is moving the most?
9. An ejection fraction can be calculated as:
10. Which of the following is not a bradykinin effect?
- Elevated capillary permeability
- Elevated pain levels
- Elevated vasodilation response
- Elevated prothrombin secretion
11. PAH is secreted in which of the following locations?
- Distal tubule
- Loop of Henle
- Collecting tubule
- Proximal tubule
12. Which of the following is not an anterior pituitary gland secretion?
13. Thyroid Hormone T3 does not have which of the following functions?
- Stimulate bone development and growth
- Create beta-adrenergic responses
- Cause brain development
- Decrease calcium re-absorption
14. Hypercalemia has not been linked with which of the following?
- Paget’s disease
15. Which of the following does not require the precursor progesterone?
16. Which of the following is the source cell for the secretion Pepsinogen?
- Chief cell
- Plasma cell
- G cell
- Parietal cell
17. Which of the following is the primary activator of zymogen secretion?
18. Which of the following is not a function of Angiotensin II?
- Causes release of aldosterone
- Causes vasodilation
- Causes increased posterior pituitary activation
- Elevates blood pressure
19. Which of the following is not a function of Progesterone?
- Causes increased body temperature.
- Causes some smooth muscle relaxation.
- Causes increased spiral artery growth
- Causes activation of FSH
20. Which of the following is not a function of Estrogen?
- Causes breast growth.
- Causes inhibition of FSH
- Increased follicle development
- Decreased overall transport proteins
by Mometrix Test Preparation | Last Updated: October 26, 2018