PMP Practice Questions
1. Which of the following it the logical flow of any project?
A. Planning, Initiating, Executing, Controlling, Closing
B. Initiating, Planning, Controlling, Executing, Closing
C. Planning, Initiating, Executing, Controlling, Closing
D. Initiating, Planning, Executing, Controlling, Closing
2. In which phase of a project would you estimate activity duration and resources?
3. Which of the following according to the PMBOK is described as, "a category or rank given to entities having the same functional use but different technical characteristics?"
C. Flow design
4. Which of the following is another name for an Ishikawa diagram?
A. Cause and Effect Diagram
B. Bell Curve
C. Pareto Diagram
D. Trend Analysis
5. Refinements are considered updates for the ____.
6. The acronym CPPC stands for?
A. Cost Plus Percentage of Control
B. Cost Plus Percentage of Contract
C. Cost Plus Percentage of Cost
D. Cost Plus Plus Cost
7. Which of the following is not considered part of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs?
A. Social needs
8. Parento diagrams work on the ___ rule.
9. Which of the following is a key aspect of quality control?
A. Limited in scope
B. Minimal planning resources
C. Generic cost controls
D. Project wide focus
10. The creator of the project charter is identified as the ______.
A. Project manager
B. Outside senior manager
C. Internal control expert
D. Quality control expert
11. When a project phase is finished, this is also known as a ____.
A. Kill point
C. Scope creep
D. Quality metrics
12. Ongoing project planning is also known as ________.
A. Rolling wave planning
B. Buildup planning
C. Activity planning
D. Project processes
13. A ______looks at determining if the project idea is a realistic project.
A. Case project study
B. Feasibility study
C. Matrix study
D. Demand study
14. You are the project manager for a seminar and training session that approximately 2,000-2500 employees will be attending. You have rented a hall for the seminar; however, you are unsure exactly how many people will attend. Moreover, the number of tables required will change depending on attendance. The cost of the furniture should be considered?
A. Variable cost
B. Direct cost
C. Fixed cost
D. Transient cost
15. Which of the following is the correct formula for calculating present value of a business or organization? Note: R = Interest rate, n = time periods
A. Present Value = Future Value/(1+R)n
B. Present Value = Future Value/(1-R)n
C. Present Value = (1+R)n
D. Present Value = (1-R)n / Future Value
by Enoch Morrison
Last Updated: 08/23/2016