1. A school bus is “every motor vehicle used for the transportation of children to or from school or school activities.”
2. It doesn’t matter if school bus drivers know current laws and regulations and keep abreast of any changes.
3. School bus drivers must have a commercial driver’s license and:
- passenger and combination vehicle endorsements.
- school bus and passenger endorsements.
- air brake and tank endorsements.
4. Maximum time in transit: No pupil shall be allowed to remain in transit to and from school for:
- more than one hour round trip.
- more than two hours round trip.
- more than three hours round trip.
5. Can a school bus transport more pupils than indicated by the manufacturer’s rated capacity for the bus?
6. Inspection of buses are made one or more times a year in order to determine whether the school bus can be used to safely transport school children.
7. Each state board of education is charged with the primary responsibility of rules and regulations regarding pupil transportation.
8. A school bus driver doesn’t have to wear a seat belt at all times.
9. Only some school bus drivers are required to participate in In-service training programs.
10. Who makes the final decision to determine when weather conditions make the roads unsafe to travel?
- The School Administrator
- The School Teacher
- The School Bus Driver
11. What is one of the more dangerous procedures a school bus driver must undertake?
- Driving in traffic.
- Loading and unloading.
- Driving in the rain.
12. When approaching a school bus stop you should activate your overhead amber lights how far from the bus stop?
- 100 ft.
- 200 ft.
- 300 ft.
13. Immediately after stopping you should:
- Open entrance door slightly to activate the stop arms and overhead red warning lights.
- Tell the children to stand back until you are ready for them to load.
- Get the children onto the bus as quickly as possible.
14. Always unload on the right outside lane if on a multi-lane road.
15. Pupils must walk at least how many feet in front of a school bus to cross the road?
- 8 ft.
- 10 ft.
- 12 ft.
by Enoch Morrison | Last Updated: November 27, 2018