1. Can your performance be affected the day after you have been drinking?
- Only if you drank a large amount
2. Should you cross over to the far-left lane as soon as you enter a freeway?
- Yes, as long as you are careful.
- No, work over to the left lane when it is safe to do so.
- Yes, but if you have an incident, it is your fault.
3. Charter bus drivers should only allow passengers on the bus:
- If there is a full tank of fuel
- At departure time
- If they have a valid ID
4. Which of the following is NOT safe or advisable when traveling over a drawbridge?
- Ensure the draw is fully closed before trying to cross.
- Stop at all drawbridges that do not have a traffic light or attendant.
- If stopping, stop at least 20 feet before where the bridge begins to draw.
5. Which of the following should you absolutely never do?
- Ensure the function of brake-door interlocks.
- Push or tow a disabled bus with passengers onboard.
- Refuel the bus inside a closed area with passengers aboard.
6. One rule says that you should have how much following distance?
- At least three seconds
- At least four seconds
- At least five seconds
7. Which can cause the most dangerous driving condition in poor weather?
8. What should you do if you miss your freeway off ramp?
- Put the vehicle in reverse and go back to the off ramp.
- Cross over the median and make a U-turn.
- Take the next off ramp.
9. When can you park on the freeway?
- When you need to stop to look at a map.
- When you need to get out and stretch your legs.
- Only in emergencies.
10. How many feet away must you stop your bus for railroad tracks?
- At least 10 feet but not more than 50 feet from the crossing.
- At least 15 feet from the crossing.
- At least 15 feet but no more than 50 feet from the crossing.
11. If a posted speed is 45 MPH what is a safe speed for your bus?
- It may be 45 miles per hour or it could be more.
- It will be exactly 45 miles per hour
- It may be 45 miles per hour or it could be less.
12. What kind of report must you complete at the end of your shift?
- You must complete a logbook page for each bus driven.
- You must make a list of the names of all passengers transported.
- You must complete a written inspection report for each bus driven.
13. You should never bring your bus into the stop to pick up students until?
- There is no traffic in the area.
- A parent is present.
- The students have lined up properly.
14. What should you do before the students are allowed to start toward the bus?
- The bus should be stopped and the door should be opened.
- The students should have seen your bus and are aware that it is approaching.
- You should be slowing down approaching the bus stop.
15. Name a situation where you must not allow your bus to be fueled.
- When the air temperature is below freezing.
- When the engine is turned off and the driver is absent.
- When in a closed building with riders on board.