1. Name some things to check in the interior of a bus during the pre-trip inspection.
- Parking brake and steering mechanism
- Lights, reflectors, and horn
- Tires and windshield wipers
- All of the above
2. As you check the outside of the bus, you should close any open emergency exits or open access panels.
3. When checking the interior of a bus before driving it which of the following parts of the bus must be in sage working condition?
- Signaling devices (emergency buzzer)
- Handrails, emergency exit handles
- Air Conditioners and heaters
- A and B
- C and D
4. Are bus drivers required to wear seatbelts?
5. Is it alright to leave carry on baggage in a doorway or aisle?
6. Most hazardous materials cannot be carried on a bus, but some hazardous materials are allowed.
7. What are some hazardous materials you can transport by bus?
- Poison, tear gas, and irritating materials
- Small arms ammunition, hospital supplies, and drugs
- Explosives and radioactive materials
8. In buses designed to allow standing you can stand anywhere you want.
9. What is a standee line?
- A strip around the outside of the bus.
- A two inch line on the floor to show riders where not to stand.
- A two inch line between the seats.
10. Does it matter where you make a disruptive passenger get off the bus?
11. How far from a railroad crossing should you stop?
- Between 10 and 40 feet
- Between 15 and 50 feet
- Between 20 and 60 feet
12. When must you stop before crossing a drawbridge?
- Stop at least 30 feet before the draw of the bridge.
- Stop at least 40 feet before the draw of the bridge.
- Stop at least 50 feet before the draw of the bridge.
13. What are”prohibited practices” while operating a bus?
- Avoid fueling with riders on board.
- Don’t talk to riders while driving.
- Don’t tow or push a disabled bus with riders aboard.
- All of the above.
14. Urban mass transit coaches may have a brake and accelerator interlock system. The rear door of a transit bus has to be open to put on the parking brake.
15. If you work as an interstate carrier, you must complete a written inspection report for each bus driver.
16. Are recapped or regrooved tires allowed on buses?
- Yes, on all wheels.
- Yes, on all wheels except the front wheels.
- No, recapped or regrooved tires are not allowed on buses.
17. Before driving who is responsible for inspecting emergency equipment?
- The shop
- The dispatcher
- The driver
18. What are the shape of hazardous material labels?
19. Which poor weather condition can cause the most dangerous driving?
20. If you have to swerve quickly to avoid an accident you want to know:
- If all of your passengers are wearing seat belts.
- Where other vehicles are around your bus.
- Where your passengers are seated.
by Mometrix Test Preparation | Last Updated: November 27, 2018