Free Ultrasound Physics Test Questions
1. Attenuation increases as distance _____.
2. Attenuation increases as frequency ______.
3. By definition, ultrasound is sound having a frequency greater than _____ cycles per second, that is, sound above the audible range.
4. Which of the following is not a property of acoustic waves?
A. Pressure and particle velocity are in-phase.
B. Particles in the medium oscillate with equal excursion in the positive and negative directions.
C. The wave front is attenuated by converting the energy in the pressure wave to heat.
D. There is movement of the material.
5. Which of the following types of tissue would have the lowest mean propagation velocity.
6. The ___ transducer and corresponding field of excitation excites molecules in the traditional "pie-shaped" field.
7. 1 atmosphere (14.7 psi) =
8. When c2>c1, total reflection can occur when the angle of incidence is ______ than the critical angle.
B. Equal to
9. ______ is defined by the number of elements used (effective transducer width).
10. Which of the following is not a factor determining spatial resolution?
A. Frequency (wavelength)
B. Transmit intensity
C. Pulse interval
by Enoch Morrison
Last Updated: 04/18/2018