1. Wave velocity is a product of _______ and ________.
- Wavelength and Phase angle
- Frequency and Wavelength
- Phase Angle and Frequency
- Amplitude and Frequency
2. The driver of a car sounds a horn while traveling toward a stationary person. Compared to the sound of the horn heard by the driver, the sound heard by the stationary person has?
- Lower pitch and shorter wavelength
- Lower pitch and longer wavelength
- Higher pitch and shorter wavelength
- Higher pitch and longer wavelength
3. As a sound wave travels through air there is a net transfer of ____.
- Energy only
- Mass only
- Both Mass and Energy
- Neither Mass or Energy
4. As a wave travels through a medium, the particles of the wave vibrate in the direction of the wave’s travel. What type of wave is traveling through the medium?
5. A wave completes one vibration as it moves a distance of 2 meters at a speed of 20 meters per second. What is the frequency of the wave?
- 10 Hz
- 2 Hz
- 20 Hz
- 40 Hz
6. What is the period of a wave, if 20 crests pass an observer in 4 seconds?
- 80 s
- .2 s
- 5 s
- 4 s
7. Two waves traveling in the same medium interfere to produce a standing wave. What is the phase difference between the 2 waves at a node?
- 0 degrees
- 90 degrees
- 180 degrees
- 360 degrees
8. As a pulse travels along a rope, the pulse loses energy and its amplitude
- Remains the same
9. Compared to the wavelengths of visible light the wavelengths of UV light are
- The Same