The Praxis II Early Childhood Education exam is a comprehensive evaluation of your knowledge, skills, and abilities in learning-supportive content areas designed to enhance children’s learning. The Praxis II Early Childhood Education test is designed for teaching candidates who are approaching completion or have recently completed their state-approved undergraduate teacher education preparation programs. Please make note that the Praxis II Early Childhood Education exam (5025) was previously referred to as the Early Childhood: Content Knowledge exam (5022). Despite the name change, the exam’s content and aims remain the same.
How do I sign up to take the Praxis II Early Childhood Education exam?
Prepare with our Praxis II Study Guide and Practice Questions. Print or eBook. Guaranteed to raise your score. Get started today!
First, check with the state in which you plan to teach, as each state has its own eligibility criteria for taking Praxis II exams. You can register for the Praxis II Early Childhood Education exam online, subsequent to which you will receive your test admission ticket. You will need to bring your admission ticket with you, along with a photo ID, on your scheduled testing day. To register by phone, you will pay an additional $35 fee. You can also register by mail by sending a registration form sent to ETS. For testing dates and locations, visit the ETS website.
What fees are associated with the Praxis II Early Childhood Education exam?
The Praxis II Early Childhood Education exam (5025) costs $120 at registration. To register by phone, you will have to pay an additional $35 fee. If you change your testing center after registration, you will have to pay an additional $40 fee. After your initial score report, additional reports will cost $50 each.
What does the Praxis II Early Childhood Education exam cover?
The Praxis II Early Childhood Education exam is a computer-delivered test comprised of 120 selected-response (multiple-choice) questions. You will be given 2 hours to complete the exam. To pass the Praxis II Early Childhood Education exam, states set their own standards. You will need to visit the ETS website and your state’s website for specific information regarding passing scores in your area. If you are testing in a state that allows immediate score retrieval, you will receive your initial score directly subsequent to the exam.
The Praxis II Early Childhood Education exam consists of five weighted content categories, each covering specific standards and related topics. Please note that calculators are not permitted for the mathematics section. The following outline provides the exam’s content categories, number of questions, and approximate weighted percentages per category:
- Language and literacy; approximately 36 questions, weighted at 30%
- Including: emergent literacy, foundational reading skills, reading literature, reading informational texts, listening, speaking, writing, and related topics
- Mathematics; approx. 30 questions, weighted at 25%
- Including: emergent math skills, foundational math skills, numbers and operations, fractions, algebraic thinking, geometry, measurement, data, and related topics
- Social studies; approx. 17 questions, weighted at 14%
- Including: emotional development, identity, social development, culture, cultural identity, people and environments, time, change, civics, government, and related topics
- Science; approx. 17 questions, weighted at 14%
- Including: fundamental concepts, scientific inquiry, physical science, Earth and space, life science, engineering, technology, and related topics
- Health and physical education, and creative and performing arts; approx. 20 questions, weighted at 17%
- Including: fundamental concepts of health, physical education, creative and performing arts concepts, and related topics
Praxis II Flashcards. Proven Praxis II test flashcards raise your score on the Praxis II test. Guaranteed.
Now that you have gained a good understanding of the overall expectations and general content of the Praxis II Early Childhood Education exam, what comes next? Preparation! When it comes to test preparation, the best means of ensuring sure you pass your Praxis II Early Childhood Education exam on your first attempt is to prepare using the most comprehensive, reliable test preparation materials you can find. Mometrix Test Preparation’s Praxis II Exam Secrets study guide contains just the material you need.
In the Praxis II Exam Secrets study guide, you will find authentic Praxis II Practice Test questions and expert tips designed for improving information recall, decreasing test anxiety, and optimizing your test performance. To help you even further, Mometrix also offers a complete set of Praxis II Flashcards, including additional Praxis II Practice Test questions. Read the Praxis II Exam Secrets study guide, evaluate your knowledge, skills, and abilities using the Praxis II Flashcards and Practice Test, and earn the high score you need to pass the Praxis II Early Childhood Education exam on your first attempt. The sooner you pass the Praxis II, the sooner you earn your teaching credential and enter the classroom. Get started today!
Click Here for Praxis II Practice Test
by Mometrix Test Preparation | Last Updated: June 5, 2019