The Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching: Grades 7-12 test is an exam used to assess your knowledge and understanding of foundational educational practices as an entry-level educator in grades 7-12.
Prepare with our Praxis II Study Guide and Practice Questions. Print or eBook. Guaranteed to raise your score. Get started today!
The Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching exam is geared toward teaching candidates who have completed or are nearing the completion of their undergraduate teacher preparation programs.
How do I sign up to take the Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching test?
First, you will want to check with your state, because each state has different eligibility requirements for Praxis II tests. Registration for the Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching test can be completed online. You will receive your test admission ticket immediately after you register for the exam.
Along with a photo ID, you will bring your admission ticket with you to the exam on your scheduled testing day.
You can also register by phone for an additional $35 fee, or by mail via the completion of a registration voucher sent to ETS.
Make sure to check the ETS website for specific testing locations, as there are several testing windows available for the Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching test.
Praxis II Flashcards. Proven Praxis II test flashcards raise your score on the Praxis II test. Guaranteed.
What fees are associated with the Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching test?
The Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching test (5624) costs $146 to register. If you need to change your scheduled testing center, you will incur an additional $40 fee. After your initial score report, additional score reports will cost you $50 per report.
What does the Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching: Grades 7-12 test cover?
The Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching test is a computer-delivered exam consisting of 70 selected-response questions and 4 constructed-response questions based on two case histories. You will be allotted 2 hours to complete the Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching exam. It is expected that you will spend approximately 70 minutes completing the selected-response questions and approximately 50 minutes completing the constructed-response questions.
In terms of passing scores, states and educational institutions set their own standards for what constitutes a passing score. So, make sure to visit your state’s website, along with the ETS state information website, for specific information regarding passing criteria. If you live in a state that allows automatic score reporting, you will receive your score information immediately subsequent to the test.
Praxis Principles of Learning and Teaching Practice Test
The Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching test consists of five specific content categories, with each category covering different standards and topics. The test’s content categories, standards and topics, number of questions, and weighted percentages per category are as follows:
- Students as learners; approximately 21 questions, weighted at 22.5%
- Including: student development, the learning process, diversity of learning, learning environment, and student motivation
- Instructional process; approximately 21 questions, weighted at 22.5%
- Including: instructional planning, instructional strategies, techniques of questioning, and effective communication techniques
- Assessment; approximately 14 questions, weighted at 15%
- Including: strategies for assessment and evaluation, and assessment tools
- Professional development, leadership, and community; approximately 12 questions, weighted at 15%
- Including: understanding the implications of research, reflection for professional growth, understanding the role of teachers as leaders, and basic strategies for collaboration among colleagues, administrators, and parents
- Analysis of instructional scenarios; 4 constructed-response questions, weighted at 25%
- Including: students as learners (1-2 questions); instructional processes (1-2 questions); assessment (0-1 question); and professional development, leadership, and community (0-1 question).
Acquiring a better understanding of the registration process, content, structure, and expectations of the Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching: Grades 7-12 test is your first step toward exam-day success. However, when it comes to preparation, the most effective means of ensuring you pass your Praxis II exam on your first attempt is to thoroughly prepare using the most comprehensive test preparation materials on the market. Mometrix Test Preparation has developed just the materials you need in the comprehensive Praxis II Exam Secrets study guide.
In the Praxis II Exam Secrets study guide, you get authentic Praxis II Practice Test questions and expert tips designed to help you recall information, reduce test anxiety, and perform your best on the Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching exam. In addition to the Praxis II Exam Secrets study guide, Mometrix also offers a complete set of Praxis II Flashcards, including additional Praxis II Practice Test questions. Start preparing today: read the Praxis II Exam Secrets study guide, evaluate your knowledge using the Praxis II Flashcards and Praxis II Practice Test, and earn the score you need to pass the Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching: Grades 7-12 test on your first attempt.
Click Here for Praxis II Practice Test
by Mometrix Test Preparation | Last Updated: April 5, 2019