Free AFQT Practice Test
The Armed Forces Qualifying Test, commonly known as the AFQT, is used by the United States military to assess prospective service members. The questions on this test are taken from the Armed Forces Vocational Aptitude Battery. The following ASVAB subject areas are included in the test: arithmetical reasoning (AR), mathematics knowledge (MK), verbal expression (VE), paragraph comprehension (PC), and word knowledge (WK). These are the most general academic content areas on the ASVAB. The formula for computing scores on the AFQT test is AR + MK + (2 x VE), with VE = PC + MK. Scores are then placed in the following categories: Category I (93 to 99), Category II (65 to 92), Category IIIA (50 to 64), Category IIIB (31 to 49), Category IVA (21 to 30), Category IVB (16 to 20), Category IVC (10 to 15), and Category V (0 to 9). These AFQT test score categories are percentiles, which indicate how well the test-taker performed relative to others. A person scoring a 50, for example, performed as well as or better than half of the other test-takers. The percentile score is based on the raw score (number of questions answered correctly) and the difficulty of the test version. The minimum passing score for the AFQT varies between branches of the military.
Practice QuestionsArithmetic Reasoning
1. If one gallon of paint can paint 3 rooms, how many rooms can be painted with 28 gallons of paint?
2. Five workers earn $135/day. What is the total amount earned by the five workers?
3. A girl scores a 99 on her math test. On her second test, her score drops by 15. On the third test, she scores 5 points higher than she did on her second. What was the girl's score on the third test?
4. A man goes to the mall with $50.00. He spends $15.64 in one store and $7.12 in a second store. How much does he have left?
5. 600 students must share a school that has 20 classrooms. How many students will each classroom contain if there are an equal number of students in each class?
1. The woman's performance was superior to the man's.
2. Remark most nearly means
3. Selecting the best person for the job was difficult.
4. Commence most nearly means
5. The fox ran swiftly after its prey.
1. A triangle has a base measuring 12cm and a height of 12cm. What is its area?
2. Simply the following expression:
- 21x14 + 18y26
- 10x9 + 11y15
- 21x14 + 18y15
- 21x9 + 18y15
(3x2 * 7x7)+ (2y3 * 9y12)
3. If x/3 + 27 = 30, what is the value of x?
4. What is the slope of a line with points A (4,1) and B (-13,8)?
5. If x is 20% of 200, what is the value of x?
One gallon of paint can paint three rooms, so to find out how many 28 gallons can do, that number must be multiplied by 3: 28 * 3 = 84 rooms
Each earns $135, so to find the total earned, that amount must be multiplied by the number of workers: $135 * 5 = $675
First, calculate her score on the second test: 99 - 15 = 84 Then, calculate her score on the third test: 84 + 5 = 89
To find out how much he has remaining, both numbers must be subtracted from the original amount ($50.00): $50.00 - $15.64 - $7.12 = $27.24
Divide the number of students (600) by the number of classrooms they will share (20): 600 / 20 = 30Word Knowledge
To say something is superior to something else usually implies that it is better.
A remark is a spoken statement, also commonly known as a comment. To say somebody made a remark conveys the same meaning as saying they made a comment.
When a selection is being made, it involves making a choice between several options. Selecting something is the same as choosing something.
To commence something is to begin or start something.
When something is done swiftly, it means that it is done fast or quickly.Mathematical Knowledge
The area of a triangle can be calculated by using the following formula: A = 1/2b*h Therefore, by using the values given in the question: A = 1/2(12cm) * 12cm A = 6cm * 12cm A = 72cm2
To simplify this expression, it is necessary to observe the law of exponents that states: xn * xm = xn+m Therefore: 3*7x7+2 + 2*9y12+3 21x9 + 18y15
First, subtract 27 from both sides to isolate x: x/3 + 27 - 27 = 30 - 27 x/3 = 3 Then, both sides must be multiplied by 3 to solve for x: 3(x/3) = 3 * 3 x = 9
To find the slope of a line, it is necessary to calculate the change in y and the change in x: Change in y: 1 - 8 = -7 Change in x: 4 - (-13) = 17 The slope of a line is expressed as change in y over change in x: -7/17
To solve for x, it is necessary to calculate the value of 20% of 200: 200 * 0.20 = 40 Therefore, x = 40
Last Updated: 07/05/2018