The free PSAT Writing and Language practice test is specifically designed to ensure that the test-taker is knowledgeable about the PSAT and is able to know what to expect when it is time to take the Writing and Language portion of the PSAT.
The Writing and Language portion will consist of a 44 question multiple-choice that will address five main topics. These topics are as follows:
- Command of Evidence, where the test-taker must choose an answer that best supports an argument
- Words in Context, in which the test-taker must choose an answer that will improve the word choice in a passage
- Analysis in History/Social Studies and in Science, in which the test-taker will have to revise passages related to history, social studies, and science
- Expression of Ideas, in which the test-taker will need to make passage structure changes
- Standard English Conventions, in which the test-taker will be asked about the basics of writing
Due to our foreknowledge of the domains of this test, we have ensured that the PSAT Writing and Language practice test will cover these topics thoroughly.
When taking this portion of the PSAT, the test-taker will have a total of 35 minutes to complete all 44 questions on the test.
Online PSAT Test Prep Course
If you want to be fully prepared, Mometrix offers an online PSAT Prep Course. The course is designed to provide you with any and every resource you might want while studying. The PSAT Course includes:
- Review Lessons Covering All the Topics
- 1100+ PSAT Practice Questions
- More than 500 Electronic Flashcards
- Over 230 Instructional Videos
- Money-back Guarantee
- Free Mobile Access
- and More!
The PSAT Test Prep Course is designed to help any learner get everything they need to prepare for their PSAT exam; click below to check it out.