The free PSAT Writing and Language practice test is specifically designed to ensure that the test-taker is knowledgeable about the PSAT and is able to know what to expect when it is time to take the Writing and Language portion of the PSAT.
The Writing and Language portion will consist of a 44 question multiple-choice that will address five main topics. These topics are as follows:
Prepare with our PSAT Study Guide and Practice Questions. Print or eBook. Guaranteed to raise your score. Get started today!
- Command of Evidence, where the test-taker must choose an answer that best supports an argument
- Words in Context, in which the test-taker must choose an answer that will improve the word choice in a passage
- Analysis in History/Social Studies and in Science, in which the test-taker will have to revise passages related to history, social studies, and science
- Expression of Ideas, in which the test-taker will need to make passage structure changes
- Standard English Conventions, in which the test-taker will be asked about the basics of writing
Due to our foreknowledge of the domains of this test, we have ensured that the PSAT Writing and Language practice test will cover these topics thoroughly.
When taking this portion of the PSAT, the test-taker will have a total of 35 minutes to complete all 44 questions on the test.
Click Here for PSAT Practice Test
by Enoch Morrison | Last Updated: January 9, 2019