Nurse Practitioner Certification Review
Nurse Practitioner Certification Exam Review Video
Free Nurse Practitioner Certification Practice Test Questions
1. A nurse practitioner has been assigned a patient who has recently been diagnosed with Guillain- Barre' Syndrome. Which of the following statements is the most applicable when discussing the impairments with Guillain-Barre' Syndrome with the patient?
- Guillain-Barre' Syndrome gets better after 5 years in almost all cases.
- Guillain-Barre' Syndrome causes limited sensation in the abdominal region.
- Guillain-Barre' Syndrome causes muscle weakness in the legs.
- Guillain-Barre' Syndrome does not affect breathing in severe cases.
2. 46 year-old has returned from a heart catheterization and wants to get up to start walking 3 hours after the procedure. The nurse practitioner should:
- Tell the patient to remain with the leg straight for at least another hour and check the chart for activity orders.
- Allow the patient to begin limited ambulation with assistance.
- Recommend a physical therapy consultation for ambulation.
- Tell the patient to remain with leg straight for another 6 hours and check the chart for activity orders.
3. A nurse practitioner is assessing a 18 year-old female who has recently suffered a TBI. The nurse practitioner notes a slower pulse and impaired respiration. The nurse practitioner should report these findings immediately to the physician, due to the possibility the patient is experiencing which of the following conditions?
- Increased intracranial pressure
- Increased function of cranial nerve X
- Sympathetic response to activity
4. A patient has been diagnosed with diabetes mellitus. Which of the following is not a clinical sign of diabetes mellitus?
- Metabolic acidosis
- Lower extremity edema
5. A patient has fallen off a bicycle and fractured the head of the proximal fibula. A cast was placed on the patient's lower extremity. Which of the following is the most probable result of the fall?
- Peroneal nerve injury
- Tibial nerve injury
- Sciatic nerve injury
- Femoral nerve injury
Nurse Practitioner Certification Answer Key
1. Answer: C
Muscle weakness in the lower extremities is found in acute cases of Guillain-Barre' Syndrome.
2. Answer: A
The patient should keep the leg straight for at least 4 hours.
3. Answer: A
The patient is at high risk of developing increased intracranial pressure (ICP).
4. Answer: D
A-C are associated with diabetes mellitus.
5. Answer: A
The head of the proximal fibula is in close proximity to the peroneal nerve.
Last Updated: 07/05/2018