1. Steve had to pay a library fee. The amount he paid is shown below.
How much did he pay?
2. What number sentence is illustrated by the diagram below?
3. Which shape has a number of vertices that is equal to two times the number of vertices found on a triangle?
Prepare with our PARCC Study Guide and Practice Questions. Print or eBook. Guaranteed to raise your score. Get started today!
4. What is the perimeter of the figure shown below?
- 20 in
- 22 in
- 24 in
- 21 in
5. What number does Point P represent?
- 10 1/4
- 10 1/2
- 10 1/3
- 10 3/4
1. C: There are 2 dollar bills, which represent 2 dollars. There are also 2 quarters, 2 nickels, 1 dime, and 4 pennies. Two quarters are worth $0.50 since each is worth $0.25 (2 x0.25=0.50) , 2 nickels are worth $0.10 since each is worth $0.05 (2 x0.05=0.10) , 1 dime is worth $0.10, and 4 pennies are worth $0.04 since each is worth $0.01. The sum of the coins can be found by writing: $0.50+$0.10+$0.10+$0.04, which equals $0.74. The sum of the two dollar bills and the coins can be written as: $2.00+$0.74. Thus, he paid $2.74.
2. C: The diagram shows 32 counters divided into 4 groups, with 8 counters in each group. Therefore, the total number of counters, 32, is divided by 4, giving a quotient of 8, which is written as: 32÷4=8.
3. C: A vertex is a point where two or more edges meet. A triangle has 3 vertices. Two times that would be 6 vertices. The figure shown for Choice C is a triangular prism, which is the only figure that has 6 vertices. A triangular pyramid (Choice A) has 4 vertices, a cube (Choice B) has 8 vertices, and a square pyramid (Choice D) has 5 vertices.
4. B: The perimeter is the distance around the figure. So, if you add up all of the numbers you get 22 in.
5. B: Each increment represents one-half. This can be determined by counting that there are 3 marks, or 4 spaces, that lie between the difference of two wholes, as in between 10 and 12. Thus, one increment past 10, where Point P is located, represents 10 1/2.
Click Here for PARCC Practice Test
by Mometrix Test Preparation | Last Updated: April 5, 2019