1. Which of the following models represents a fraction less than the fraction shown below?
Prepare with our PARCC Study Guide and Practice Questions. Print or eBook. Guaranteed to raise your score. Get started today!
2. Travis has a stick that is 5/16 of a meter long, and Steven has a stick that is 7/8 of a meter long. If they lay the sticks end to end how long would they be?
- 12/16 meter
- 1 3/16
- 1 3/8
- 1 1/8
3. Which of the following number sentences is represented by the model shown below?
4. Which of the following number sentences belongs in the fact family shown below?
5. Billy is going on vacation. He will travel a total of 1486 miles while he is gone. Location A is 572 miles away from home and then Location B is 437 miles from location B. How long is the trip from Location B back to home?
1. B: The given model represents the fraction, 2/9, which is approximately 0.22. The model for Choice B represents the fraction, 1/8, which equals 0.125. This fraction is less than the given fraction. The fractions can also be compared by finding a least common denominator.
2. B: If they lay the sticks end to end then you would just add the lengths together. First convert 7/8 to14/16 then add that to 5/16 to get 1 3/16.
3. D: The model shows 35 counters, divided into 7 groups, with 5 counters in each group. Therefore, the model represents the number sentence, 35÷7=5.
4. B: The missing number sentence in the fact family is the other division number sentence, which reads:42÷6=7.
5. 477: If he travels 572 miles and then 437 miles then he only has 477 miles left to go. 1486-572-437=477.
Click Here for PARCC Practice Test
by Enoch Morrison | Last Updated: January 9, 2019