The free HiSET Language Arts Writing practice test is specifically designed to ensure that the test-taker is knowledgeable about the HiSET and is able to know what to expect when it is time to take the Language Arts Writing portion of the HiSET.
The Language Arts Writing portion will consist of two sections a 50 multiple-choice question section and an essay section. The multiple-choice section will cover ten main topics.
These topics are as follows:
- Revision choices related to Organization
- Revisions related to Diction and Clarity
- Revisions related to Sentence Structure
- Revisions related to Usage
- Revisions related to Mechanics
- Appropriate Style
- Discourse Structure and Organization
- Conciseness and Clarity
- Usage and Mechanics in general
The Essay section will measure the test-taker’s development, organization, language facility, and writing conventions.
Due to our foreknowledge of the domains of this test, we have ensured that the HiSET Language Arts Writing practice test will cover these topics thoroughly.
When taking this portion of the HiSET, you will have 120 minutes to complete the section.