The Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching: Grades K-6 test is a comprehensive exam used to evaluate your knowledge and skills in foundational educational practices as an entry-level teacher in grades K-6.
Prepare with our Praxis II Study Guide and Practice Questions. Print or eBook. Guaranteed to raise your score. Get started today!
The Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching test is designed for teaching candidates who are nearing completion or have recently completed state-approved undergraduate teacher preparation programs.
How do I sign up to take the Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching: K-6 test?
Your first step is to check with the state in which you plan to teach, because each state has its own eligibility requirements for Praxis II tests. You can register for the Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching test online, after which you will receive your test admission ticket immediately.
In addition to your photo ID, you will need to bring your admission ticket with you on your scheduled testing day.
If you need to register by phone, you can do so for an additional $35 fee. You can also register by mail via a registration form sent to ETS.
Praxis II Flashcards. Proven Praxis II test flashcards raise your score on the Praxis II test. Guaranteed.
In terms of testing dates and locations, check the ETS website, as there are several locations and testing windows available for the Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching; K-6 test.
What fees are associated with the Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching test?
The Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching test (5622) costs $146. You will incur an additional $40 fee if you change your test center after your initial registration. Additional score reports, after your first report, will cost $50 per report.
What does the Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching: Grades K-6 test cover?
The Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching: Grades K-6 test is a computer-delivered exam that includes 70 selected-response questions, and 4 constructed-response questions covering two included case histories. You will be allotted 2 hours to complete the entirety of the exam. Test proctors expect that you will spend approximately 70 minutes on the selected-response questions and 50 minutes on the constructed-response questions.
To pass the Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching exam, states and educational institutions set their own standards. You will need to visit your state’s website, along with the ETS state information website, for specific details regarding passing criteria in your region. You will receive your initial score information immediately subsequent to the test if you live in a state that allows automatic score reporting.
The Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching test consists of five content categories, each category covering specific standards and topics. The content categories, standards, number of questions, and weighted percentages per content category are as follows:
- Students as learners; approximately 21 questions, weighted at 22.5%
- Including: the learning process, student development, diversity of learning, student motivation, and the learning environment
- Instructional process; approx. 21 questions, weighted at 22.5%
- Including: effective communication strategies and techniques, instructional strategies, instructional planning, and techniques of questioning
- Assessment; approx. 14 questions, weighted at 15%
- Including: assessment tools, strategies for assessment, and evaluation tools and strategies
- Professional development, community, and leaders; approx. 12 questions, weighted at 15%
- Including: comprehending the role of teachers as leaders, understanding the implications of research, basic strategies for collaboration with families, peers, and administrators, and reflection for professional growth
- Analysis of instructional scenarios; 4 constructed responses, weighted at 25%
- Including: assessment (0-1 question); instructional processes (1-2 questions); students as learners (1-2 questions); and professional development, leadership, and community (0-1 question).
Now that you have a better understanding of the registration process, basic content, and overall expectations of the Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching: Grades K-6 test, it’s time to begin preparing. When it comes to test preparation, the most effective means of making sure you pass your Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching test on your first attempt is to prepare using the most comprehensive materials on the market. Mometrix Test Preparation can provide you with just the materials you need in the Praxis II Exam Secrets study guide.
In the Praxis II Exam Secrets study guide, you get access to authentic Praxis II Practice Test questions, as well as expert tips designed to help you improve recall, reduce test anxiety, and perform your best on the Praxis II. In addition to the Praxis II Exam Secrets study guide, Mometrix also offers a comprehensive set of Praxis II Flashcards, which includes additional Praxis II Practice Test questions. Read the Praxis II Exam Secrets study guide, assess your knowledge and skills using the Praxis II Flashcards and Practice Test, and earn the score you need to pass the Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching: Grades K-6 test on your first attempt.