Everyone remembers the English Literature courses they took back in high school. Depending on your interest level in the subject, the class may have been the most interesting you’ve ever taken, dreadfully boring, or somewhere in between. Regardless of how you felt about it back then, you may not feel the need or desire to take it again now that you’re in college! However, many colleges require its first-year students to take this course as part of their general education curriculum.
CLEP Study Guide Prepare with our CLEP Study Guide and Practice Questions. Print or eBook. Guaranteed to raise your score. Get started today!
While this course and others like it are important to your ability to graduate, there’s a way you can get out of taking the class and still receive the proper credits you need. How? The answer comes in the form of the CLEP English Literature exam.
If you want to get out of taking this class, you’ll need to do well on this exam. That’s why you need only the best study tools as you prepare. Mometrix Test Preparation has you covered! We have put together a CLEP English Literature practice test.
Composed through careful observation of the real test’s formatting and content, our practice test is designed to familiarize you with what to expect from the real exam. All 95 of our CLEP English Literature practice questions pertain to one of the skills you’ll need for this particular exam.
Between 60 and 65 percent of CLEP questions will require you to:
CLEP Flashcards CLEP Flashcards. Proven CLEP test flashcards raise your score on the CLEP test. Guaranteed.
- understand the logic and meaning of a critical work
- examine the literary structure of a piece of writing
- distinguish the different elements of writing style
- define what words and phrases mean based upon their context
- recognize and think critically about imagery
- figure out the mood and/or tone of a work.
35 to 40 percent of CLEP questions will assess how well you understand terms, history, and references relating to literature; as well as poetic metrics and notable authors.
This free practice exam pairs well with our CLEP English Literature study guide, but can also be used standalone. Study hard, and good luck!
Additional Free CLEP Practice Tests
- CLEP American Government Practice Test
- CLEP American Literature Practice Test
- CLEP Analyzing Interpreting Literature Practice Test
- CLEP Biology Practice Test
- CLEP College Algebra Practice Test
- CLEP College Composition Practice Test
- CLEP College Math Practice Test
- CLEP History of the United States I: Early Colonization to 1877 Practice Test
- CLEP History of the United States II: 1865 to Present Practice Test
- CLEP Human Growth and Development Practice Test
- CLEP Humanities Practice Test
- CLEP Information Systems Practice Test
- CLEP Introductory Business Law Practice Test
- CLEP Introductory Psychology Practice Test
- CLEP Natural Science Practice Test
- CLEP Principles of Management Practice Test
- CLEP Principles of Microeconomics Practice Test
- CLEP Social Sciences and History Practice Test
- CLEP Western Civilization I: Ancient Near East to 1648 Practice Test
- CLEP Western Civilization II: 1648 to the Present Practice Test